PANOPTIKA Sustainability Policy
Next Review : 31/1/2018
At PANOPTIKA, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact as an integral part of our business strategy. As a company we will strive for continuous improvement in this area and encourage our clients, contractors, colleagues and stakeholders to do the same.
Megann and Steve Willson, Partners, are responsible for ensuring that our environmental policy is implemented, and to ensure that the goals of the policy are met.
Our Sustainability Goals
It is our intention to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
- Continually reduce our environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase stakeholder awareness.
- We will minimize the use of paper in the office.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used by monitoring and analyzing our usage patterns.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating and cooling will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will give preference to more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will use wisely, reuse where possible, and recycle to the extent the local recycling system permits.
- When travelling to meetings, we will preference public transit or walking to locations that are 30 minutes or less from our office. For car trips, we will use geo-clustering to reduce the total distance travelled.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing for longer distances.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- We will take care to use environmentally-friendly products and dispose of toxins appropriately.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will share our environmental success stories with our clients, colleagues, contractors and stakeholders in an effort to encourage improvement in their own workplaces.
Megann and Steve Willson, Partners